Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
Your application digikam makes use of the Apple Bonjour/libdns_sd compatibility layer of Avahi. Apparently you followed a link from a warning shown by this application.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I remove this warning?
Port your program to Avahi natively. We strongly encourage everyone to use our native API instead of the compatibility layers!
- I am not a programmer, how can I remove this warning?
Contact the upstream developers of your program and convince them to do the port for you.
- Due to some reason the upstream developers aren't interested in porting the application for me! How can I still remove this warning?
Find someone else to do the port for you.
- Oh, come on! There must be a way to disable this annoying warning!
Ok, since you asked so politely: set the environment variable $AVAHI_COMPAT_NOWARN to 1, and the warning will not be shown.
- What is this "Avahi" thing anyway?
Avahi is a free, standards-compliant implementation of the Zeroconf protocols Multicast DNS and DNS-SD.
- And that "Apple Bonjour/libdns_sd" thing, what is that?
It is an alternative API for mDNS/DNS-SD which is supported by Avahi in addition to its native API. However, the support for this API is limited and incomplete. We encourage everyone to use our native API instead.